The English pilgrims had an inspiring and moving experience during the Bicentenary pilgrimage to France 16-26 August 2017
The young people were accompanied by Sr Cathy, Sr Carolyn and Francesca. Joining the international gathering of the Assumption community, they walked in the footsteps of St Marie-Eugenie and Sr Therese-Emmanuel, while reflecting on the theme of living life to the fullest.
Highlights of the pilgrimage included :
- Opening ceremony, workshops, mass and cultural presentations
- Visiting Le Chateau de Preisch, summer home of St. Marie Eugenie and her birthplace, Saint Segolene Church where she received her First Communion and Metz Catherdal,
- Lyon - the Basilica of Notre Dame de Fourvière and the Cathedral
- Visit to Taize and Retreat Day at Mongre Assumption school and their beautiful chapel.
- The international Gallery of Holiness – where each province displayed a banner of a sister’s remarkable life lived out through the Assumption, a moving and inspirational tribute !
- Tours around Paris and Montmartre
- The celebration of Mass and Vespers at Notre Dame Cathedral
“The highlights of the pilgrimage for me were making new friends from around the world and being able to grow stronger in faith. It was a very enriching experience, especially when we were in our ‘community of life’ as we were able to express our feelings and open up to each other.”
Anthony, one of the pilgrims